Health & Wellbeing Courses and Qualifications
YMCA Awards is the largest provider of Health & Fitness Qualifications in the UK. As a registered centre, we offer a range of their courses, including fitness instructor qualifications, the Award in Education (Train the Trainer), and various health & wellbeing qualifications.
Further details about some of our most popular courses can be found below:
First Aid Courses
We have a range of approved first aid courses delivered by highly experienced trainers and registered with NUCO
- Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid – one day (16+) – from £85 per person or £325 plus £20pp for a group booking
- Level 3 Paediatric First Aid – two day (16+) – from £125 per person or £650 plus £25pp for a group booking
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid – one day (14+) – from £85 per person or £325 plus £20pp for a group booking
- Level 3 First Aid at Work – three day (16+) – from £175 per person or £950 plus £25pp for a group booking
- Catastrophic Bleeds Workshop – three hours (16+) – from £55 per person or £250 plus £15pp for a group booking
Courses For Young People
- Level 2 Award in Student First Aid – three hours or 3x1hr blocks (11+) – from £35 per person or £200 plus £12pp for a group booking
- Mini Medics First Aid and Defibrillation for Children – three hours (8-11 year olds) – from £30 per person or £150 plus £12pp for a group booking
Prices above are a guide and can vary according to the number of courses or places required. All prices include certification, registration and manuals where applicable.
Find out more on our First Aid Courses page.
Alternatively, please call 01733 373187 or enquire here.
We also have a range of mental health training courses for individuals and organisations. Visit our mental health training pages here
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
This course has been developed for those interested in presentation skills or to teach and train adults. It introduces the learner to teaching and prepares the individual for employment in a specific occupational area. It will give you an insight into maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment as well as the following objectives:
- Understand how to use constructive feedback, keep records and involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Understand quality assurance and the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- Be able to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
- Be able to facilitate one to one and group learning and development
The course provides you with 12 credits, and consists of 120 learning hours (48 are guided learning)
Cost: £290 + VAT + awarding body fees for registration, manuals and certification. Please get in touch to organise group bookings.