Terms and Conditions
- Membership fees must be paid by Direct Debit instalments and are payable on the 5th day of each month of membership. Your first Direct Debit will depend on your joining date. It will either be on the 5th of the following month or the month after. This date will be made clear to you on joining.
- Your initial payment is calculated pro-rata from what is owed for the time between joining and the first Direct Debit
- There is no contract you are free to cancel your Direct Debit at any time.
- If you do decide to cancel your membership, you must allow at least 7 days before the fifth of the month to ensure your payment is cancelled, and advise Reception of the cancellation.
- You can pay for 12 months up front, with no discount. However, no refunds will be given on yearly memberships unless evidence of the arisal of a medical condition is provided.
- Monthly Pay as You Go memberships are for people without UK bank accounts. No refunds will be given on a monthly membership once it has been used for one session or is more than 7 days old. Other reasons will be considered for the purchase of a Monthly Pay as You Go membership. Please speak to a member of the gym staff for more information.
- If you are paying by Direct Debit and you fall behind with your membership fees, we may charge reasonable administration fees or suspend or cancel your membership if this is not caused by bank error; and we may pass your details to a debt-collection company to recover any outstanding payments.
- For concessionary Membership you will be required to provide proof that you are eligible, either studying or in receipt of Benefits, pensions etc. A list of qualifying criteria is available on request.
- You will be required to provide evidence of your entitlement to concession every 6 months. Should you fail to provide the evidence your Direct Debit will be upgraded to the full price Membership.
- We may decide to increase our membership fees; in which case the YMCA will give you a minimum of 30 days’ notice of any fee change. If you pay for an Annual membership fee, we will only review your membership fees when your membership is due for renewal.
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- There is no contracted length of membership., and you can cancel your Direct Debit at any time. You MUST cancel with your bank a minimum 7 days before the 5th of the month to guarantee that the payment is not taken from your account.
If you cancel your Direct Debit Membership within 7 days of your first month, you can be refunded your initial payment as long as the Membership has not been used. This will be refunded through BACS and not in cash.
We operate a fair usage policy. The YMCA has the right to cancel any membership for unacceptable behaviour towards staff or others users; or for ill treatment of equipment including the dropping of weights.
CLUB ACCESS TO OTHER SITES
- We have 3 sites, Cambridge, Peterborough and Ipswich. If you have a Membership you are able to access any site. There will no further extra charge if you are a member of Cambridge or Ipswich; but if you are a Peterborough member there may be an extra charge to use the other facilities as the membership prices differ.
- Please note there is Parking Eye at the Ipswich and Cambridge sites, you will get a parking fine if you park on site without booking in your registration at reception.At Ipswich, it is in the front visitor car park only first come first served.
At Cambridge, you can park Monday to Friday after 6pm and leave before 8am and all weekend, but you must book in at reception, YMCA will not be responsible if you receive a ticket.
- If you need to take a temporary break for medical reasons you can freeze your membership for a period of up to 3 months.
- Holidays will not qualify for a membership freeze.
- If you book to attend a class and cannot attend you must cancel at the latest, 2 hours before the class. If you fail to cancel you will be fined the cost of non-attendance (£6) and will not able to enter until this fee is paid. If you use the on line booking system you risk being frozen from on line booking for continuing non attendance.
- If you book for one of your free PT sessions and do not cancel and re-arrange, this will be counted as one of your sessions.
- Youth Members are considered 13 – 18 years old. 13 – 16 year olds must be accompanied by an appropriate adult aged 18 or over.
- You agree to provide a recent photograph for the purposes of your membership.You also agree to comply with ‘Gym etiquette’, which is displayed in your club and online. These notices include details of opening hours, use of facilities, and your conduct. We may change our gym etiquette requirements if this is reasonably necessary.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, the gym where you train. In such circumstances, you will not be entitled to any partial or full refund. We will endeavor to advise you in advance where possible, unless the issue is urgent or an emergency. Where possible we will try to ensure that any such closures are in off peak hours and are kept to a minimum.
- We will not be liable for or responsible for any failure to perform any of our obligations under this agreement which are caused by any event that is outside our reasonable control.
- Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor first. We strongly advise that all members complete an induction to the gym and you should ask for one if we do not offer you one. If you are not sure how to use any equipment, always ask a member of staff.
- Personal trainers (PT) at our clubs are self-employed and any service they provide or any other third party provides is a contract between them and you. We will not be liable for, or responsible for any monies paid to a PT or other third party. PT and other third party services are arranged directly with the trainer or third party and not with ourselves.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property you bring onto our premises if the property is not padlocked in a locker, unless such loss is caused by the negligence of YMCA Trinity Group.
- You need to be in the studio for the start of the class as you may be refused entry, please make sure you are on time as your place may be given to someone on the waiting list.