YMCA Awards Certificate in Personal Training, Advanced Instruction, Level 3
The Personal Training, Advanced Instruction course, together with Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme, makes up the full YMCA Awards Certificate in Personal Training.
The course covers Anatomy and Physiology Level 3, Programming Personal Training with Clients and Delivering Personal Training Sessions.
This course is designed for:
- Individuals working towards the YMCA Awards Certificate in Personal Training
- Gym Instructors or Fitness Supervisors who are seeking to enhance their qualifications
- Those who are already working as Advanced Instructors but who lack a recognised qualification
Candidates must be aged 18 or over and must already hold:
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instruction
The Online course covers the theoretical elements of the following subjects:
- Anatomy and Physiology, Level 3
- Cardiovascular system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Postural and core stability
- Nervous system
- Endocrine system
- Energy systems
- Programming personal training with clients
- Different environments and equipment
- Flexibility, motors skills and core stability
- Advanced training systems
- Long term behavioural change
- Collecting information, fitness testing and taking measurements
- Screening, preparing and planning
- Identifying personal training goals
- Managing, reviewing and adapting programmes
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Advanced instruction
- Monitoring progress
- Encouragement and support
The course includes up to seven Practical Training Days held at the YMCA in Cambridge.
In addition to the full online material, you will receive the YMCA Awards Level 3 practical manual on day 1 of the practical course.
The Theory is studied online. Students are allowed 215 days to complete the online study. Students are automatically booked on the next practical course that dates allow the study to be completed.
- Multiple choice Anatomy and Physiology Theory Paper
- Observed practical assessment of physical measurements
- Client profile
- Detailed 4 week personal training programme
- Overview of 12 week personal training programme
- Viva – questions on the programme
- Observed practical assessment of advanced training skills and application of advanced systems.
Please note: your client will take part in the assessment
- Self-evaluation of your performance